1. What is something not too many people know about you?
Actually, a lot of people don’t realize how hard I am on myself, but in the healthiest way possible. I am my biggest critic, but I always spin it to a positive light. There’s no denying when you model, everyone gets on themselves about the way they look or their weight, but for everything I dislike I give myself two things I like and how I can change that one thing I don’t like. You can improve yourself without self destruction and I think that’s so important for people especially young teenagers coming into the modeling scene to remember. Also I hate cheeseburgers… really hate them.
2. What are your biggest passions or hobbies?
I am passionate about modeling because of the amazing life experiences it’s given me so far. I am passionate about working hard. But I am most passionate about having the correct state of mind, being educated, and knowing more so you can be better as a person. There’s always so much room for self-improvement that I think a lot of people ignore. I don’t really have hobbies, unless you consider binge watching Netflix shows a hobby.
3. What are your goals for the future? I have so much I want to do. As crazy as it sounds, I’ve always wanted to be an attorney, but then I’ve also wanted to do interior design and I’ve always wanted to be a writer. I haven’t quite decided yet so here I am. My biggest goal mentally for myself is no matter what i do, who i end up with or where i end up I want to always be happy.. no matter what. And as simple as it sounds, there are so many people around us so unhappy and just ok with sticking to their unhealthy behaviors. I want to absolutely live my life to the fullest (yes i know its corny, but its true).
4. What is your definition of success?
I have never thought about success in a financial or physical way. More mental and emotional. I think if I was to have thought of what success should or shouldn’t have been, I wouldn’t be the person I am or in the position I’m in. I’m very lucky and very successful in the things I’ve already accomplished. I’d say what made me successful at a young age was not allowing anyone or anything to stop me from any idea or dream I’ve had even if it was crazy.
5. Tell us something about the projects you're working on.
Currently I am starting to slowly start booking stuff now that the weather is FINALLY half decent in Kansas City. BUT I have this amazing photoshoot coming up with Vintage Champagne and we’re teaming up with some local designers for a swimwear shoot. Vintage’s work is so amazing and beautiful and it’s almost as if he brings the west coast to the midwest. I am also doing some fashion shows such as Fashion Honors Autism which is an amazing, local, autism awareness non-profit show happening May 24th, and Local Runway which is a fashion show where local designers showcase never-before-seen pieces. So a lot of exciting things coming soon. I can’t wait to share with others!
Photographed by: Eli Stack Photography, Steve Gibson, Itzel Sanchez, Melanie